So 236 is done, but I don't want this blog to be too! I'm still a computer scientist, therefore I'll keep writing about my life in here. Also, 263 is just the advanced level of 236, so there's still much to talk about that's related to how this blog started.
This post isn't much about 263 as much as computer science in general. There's a misconception around that computer science is about learning how to deal with computers...if you think so, you definitely haven't had quality computer science courses, or maybe just didn't notice, recognize why computer science isn't about computers. It's the logic, the problem solving, the creating a plan and adjusting it till it becomes the best plan for your own personal purpose. An algorithm is like a piece of art. It's a window to our brain, how it approaches things. A programmer's program (despite which language it's written in, in fact it doesn't even need to be written in a language where a compiler has been made, after all, languages are just a way of getting a computer to understand what we mean, it can be written with any type of pseudo-code) is a way of expression, in a way. You're free to express whatever's in your mind in whatever way you want. It doesn't have to follow a certain norm or even serve a specific function, it just satisfies what your brain, what you want it to.
This little paragraph came to mind after getting some inspiration from some quotes, which I will share here, and you never know, maybe they'll inspire somebody reading this someday...someway ....
(Those quotes are all related to computer science or even learning in general, some more specifically targeted at programming styles, others at the science & logic itself, but most of them deal with a sweet combination of the two :D)
"They know enough those who know how to learn" - J.Adams
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative." - W. Allen
"All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors." - Anon.
"if you understand what you're doing, you're not learning anything" - Anon.
"The person who knows HOW will always have a job. The person who knows WHY will always be his/her boss." - Anon.
"Weeks of programming can save you hours of planning." -Anon
"Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand." -Anon.
"The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of think about them." - W. Bragg
No comments:
Post a Comment